At Knoxville Smiles, we proudly provide comprehensive implant services. If you are one of the millions of Americans who are missing one or more teeth, we can complete your smile and eating function with implant treatment. There are ample reasons to immediately proceed with getting the implant treatment you desire.
- Even a small gap in your smile can cause major oral health issues as your surrounding teeth shift to fill the space, the bone tissue in the vacated site of your lost tooth deteriorates, and bacteria accumulate in the vulnerable pockets of the surrounding gum tissue.
- Alternative treatment, which is conventional crown and bridge treatment, requires modification of adjacent teeth for the crowns.
- Implant treatment is longer lasting. With excellent oral hygiene, this treatment can be expected to last a lifetime.
- Implant treatment provides for stronger eating function than a bridge will. And makes daily oral hygiene easy to do.
- Implant treatment results in lifelike appearance for the most confident smile.
- The cost of implant treatment to replace a single tooth is comparable to that of crown and bridge treatment in most situations.
We provide 3D CBTCT imaging in our own office. This 3D imaging is important for evaluating your bone tissue and for precise treatment planning. Most dental practices do not have this imaging in-house and either refer patients to 3d imaging facilities or depend on two-dimensional x-rays, with the result of higher out-of-pocket cost for oral health care or diagnostics and based on less precise imaging.
The process of replacing a single missing tooth with an implant is straightforward and predictably successful. Dr. Michael Costa or Dr. Stephen Malone will evaluate your mouth and plan treatment for your specific oral health circumstances. At the site of the lost tooth, you may need a bone grafting procedure to augment the volume of bone. If this the case, this is a quick procedure performed by Dr. Costa, who has expertise in oral surgery. You will not feel discomfort during your surgery with moderate oral sedation and a local anesthetic. After a period of several weeks, Dr. Costa will determine if the bone is ready for placement of an implant. Implant placement is another quick procedure performed by Dr. Costa using moderate oral sedation and a local anesthetic.
Each of these procedures requires a small incision to be made in gum tissue. To minimize swelling and maximize healing of the gum tissue, we offer Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF). We also offer injectable EXPAREL®, a safe and effective local anesthetic that blocks nerve impulses at the site of an injection for three days. These options will be explained in detail if they are recommended for your treatment.
During the next few weeks, osseointegration will occur around the implant. Because we use Trabecular Metal implants, the integration of the bone with the implant may occur faster than with conventional titanium implants. After the osseointegration period, Dr. Costa will attach a custom-made implant crown using an abutment. You’ll be able to strongly bite down and chew immediately after implant crown placement. You will care for your implant-supported crown just as you would a natural tooth. Great care will be taken with the design of the crown for optimal function and natural appearance in your smile.
We offer complimentary (no fee) initial and second opinion implant consultation appointments. In this appointment, you will learn about appropriate implant treatment for your individual oral health situation, and your questions will be answered. We will explain financing options available through CareCredit and LendingClub Patient Solutions. You may take time to make your decision, and you will not be under pressure to schedule treatment.
Not only do we want our patients to have the best care, we strive to make it affordable.